Mesa Journeys



Board Governor's Fee Waiver

Financial Aid

State law requires that students attending a community college pay an enrollment fee and a health fee. Students enrolled in credit classes are currently required to pay $46 per unit.

Eligible students can receive the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) fee waiver (formerly Board of Governors Waiver (BOGW)), a state-funded program, which will waive the enrollment fees for eligible applicants (Please Note: The health fee will not be waived for most students and parking fees will not be reduced for students receiving the special circumstance CCPG-A). Only California residents can be considered for this waiver.

Currently there are two ways to apply for the CCPG. California resident students who complete a FAFSA will be automatically considered for the CCPG. A student can also apply for the CCPG by printing and completing the form available on the FORMS page. This application is also available in the Financial Aid Office.


frequently Asked Questions

State regulations enacted in 2014 require students to meet minimum academic and progress standards in order to be eligible for the Board of Governors Fee Waiver. These changes, along with policies governing registration priority, are part of the state Student Success Initiative.

By establishing minimum academic and progress standards for both the BOGW and registration priorities, the state hopes to encourage students to focus on academic success and seek help when they face difficulties.

In order to help ensure students have access to critical support services, the state has increased funding for counseling and other support services to help students define their educational and career goals and stay on track to achieve them.

After grades have been finalized, you will be notified by email if you are disqualified as a result of your grades or lack of progress while an academic or progress probation. Students who are disqualified are not longer eligible for the BOGW and will lose their registration priority.

There are still options available in order to regain your BOGW eligibility. Meet with a counselor to discuss options to help you get back on track:

  • Increase your GPA and successfully complete classes to get off of probation, or
  • Submit an appeal if you believe you were disqualified due to extenuating circumstances, or
  • Sit out for one academic year

You may still be eligible for other financial aid if you are meeting satisfactory academic progress (SAP) requirements and have not been disqualified from financial aid. Contact your financial aid office right away for more information.

No, unlike registration priority, students will not lose their eligibility for the BOGW if they have earned 100+ units for completed a bachelor's degree or higher.

Students who believe their academic performance is based on circumstances outside their control, or believe they have made substantial academic improvement, may appeal the loss of BOGW eligibility by submitting a Loss of BOGW/Enrollments Priority Petition to the Dean of Student Development by the petition deadline posted on student web services ( Petitions will be reviewed in the order they were received.