- Business Services
- College Facilities
- Business Office Support
- College Technology Services
- Grant Process
- Printing & Mail Services
- Event Planning
- Key Request
- Shipping & Receiving
- Student Accounting
- Facilities Rental
- Board Agenda Item Process
Hours of Operations:Mon - Thurs: 8am - 6pm
Fridays : 8am - 1pm Office Closed for Holidays: November 11, 2022 November 24-25, 2022 December 22, 2022 - January 2, 2023
Location:7250 Mesa College Dr. Room I4-106 San Diego, CA 92111 Student Services Building (I-400), First Floor
CONTACT INFORMATION:Phone: 619-388-2704 Fax: 619-388-2821
Accounting Technician Associated Students/ Clubs/Agencies/ Scholarships
Accounting Technician Fiduciary Accounts Payable Retail Management Billing Refunds by last name: C,D, V-Z Robert Booth
Senior Account Clerk Misc.Third Party Billings Refunds by last name: E-H Tram Anh Dinh Senior Account Clerk Dept. of Rehab./EOPS/College Promise Billings Refunds by last name: A,B, I-N
Senior Account Clerk Military Billings Veterans Ch.31/33 Refunds by last name: O-R
Consuelo Porto y Taboada
Senior Account Clerk Fiduciary Accts. Receivables Returned/NSF Checks Refunds by last name: S-U
The Student Accounting Office coordinates the collection of fees and provides related services to students. We process refunds for classes dropped on refund deadlines and handle distribution of financial aid checks for pick-up. We sell College monthly and semester bus/trolley passes. We accept and process payments for the following: financial holds, parking permits, deferments, third party transactions, Financial Aid repayments, and child care fees. We maintain the records for scholarships, Associated Students, clubs, agencies and Fiduciary Trust accounts.
Under the division of Administrative Services, the mission of Student Accounting Office is to provide efficient, professional support services and to ensure fiscal accountability to our customers within and beyond our campus community while adhering to District's policies and procedures and supporting the college's educational mission.
Tuition and feesMandatory Fees
- Enrollment fee is $46.00 per unit which is assessed on all students, including nonresidents.
- Nonresident tuition is $304 per unit. This fee is in addition to the enrollment and health fees, for students who are not residents of California for tuition purposes.
- Bachelor's Fee (currently at Mesa) for Bachelor's classes is $84.00/unit in addition to enrollment fees. This fee is not covered by CCPG.
- Health fee $20.00 per semester for Fall and Spring, and $17 for the summer session.
- Student Representation Fee is $2.00 per semester.
- Special Fees (i.e. Dosimetry Fees (non-refundable), Golf Fees, Fashion Material Fees) is required of students enrolled in certain courses. Courses may carry a nominal fee for special fees provided to students throughout the semester.
- Associated Students (AS) Membership is $8.00 per academic year.
- Auto Parking Permit is $40.00 per semester. Students who are determined eligible for financial aid based on income standards may purchase an automobile parking permit for $25 per semester.
- Motorcycle Parking Permit is $17.50 per semester.
- Carpool Parking Permit is $30.00 per semester.
Parking Permits for Update:
Effective Fall 2022, student parking permits will be required to park in student lots. Parking permits cannot be ordered on portal. Students can contact our Accounting Office to assess the parking permit order on the student's account. Once the order has been processed, student will make the online credit card payment for the permit on portal. Student can pay by cash or check at the Accounting Office. Students pick up their permits at the Campus Police Office with their SDCCD picture ID.
- Students are not permitted to park in any staff/faculty lots at any time, with or without a permit.
- All other violations are being enforced.
Forms of payment
All fees must be paid in full by the date indicated under the Finances tab on mySDCCD.
Fees may be paid by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), check, money order, cashier's check or students may sign up for a Payment Plan in mySDCCD. A cancelled check or credit card statement will serve as a receipt.
If paying by check, or credit card, students may be administratively dropped if payment is not cleared by the bank; however this will not relieve the student's financial liability to the college. If paying by check, please mail it to the following address: San Diego Mesa College, Attn: Student Accounting Office, 7250 Mesa College Dr. Room I4-106, San Diego, CA 92111. Please follow-up your payment to ensure that we have received your check.
If fees are being paid by a third party (e.g., tuition assistance, State Department of Rehabilitation, employer sponsorship programs, scholarships, etc.), the student must contact the college Student Accounting Office to process paperwork and complete registration prior to the due date provided at the time of registration.
Payment Plan allow students to pay their fees in installments. Students who owe more than $250 in a term will be allowed to sign up, make a 20% down payment along with a nonrefundable $25 Payment Plan fee, and make monthly payments. There is a limited timeframe to enroll in Payment Plan for each term. Elligible students can sign up for a payment plan during the enrollment period. Click on this link for more information about Payment Plan. Fall 2022 Payment Plan Dates have passed. Please check back later for Spring 2023 payment plan dates.
Students are responsible to drop classes before refund deadline date. If students dropped the class after the refund deadline date but on the drop deadline date, student will be responsible for the fees. Refund deadline dates vary from class to class; always check the "refund deadline" date for each class.
If you're paying online and having any issues, please refer to our Troubleshooting Online Payment Problems for guidance. If the troubleshooting guide did not work, please submit a student helpdesk ticket through our Jira system.
If students have any financial holds on their account, please submit the credit card authorization payment form and email it to us at email@example.com. Please allow 1-2 business days to process your payment.
To be eligible for a refund of fees, students must use mySDCCD to either drop all classes or reduce their unit load by the refund deadline dates. No refund is given for classes dropped after the deadline. Refunds will be processed after the add/drop deadline. Cash refunds will be processed only for cash payments. There is a maximum amount for cash refunds. For check refunds, there is a 5-week waiting period from the date of the check was processed. Refund checks will be mailed to the address of record. Credit card refunds will be credited back to the credit card used. There are no cash or check refunds for credit card payments.
All coursework completed at San Diego City, Mesa, or Miramar are included on one transcript. The first two transcripts issued to or for you in your lifetime are free of charge. Thereafter, each transcript costs $5.00.
Current students can now order transcripts through mySDCCD. Former students of San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar Colleges, or those who do not have an mySDCCD account, may order directly through Credentials by clicking on this link.
The 1098-T tax form is a Tuition Statement provided by higher education institutions to all eligible students who pay enrollment fees (including non-resident tuition) during the calendar year. The 1098T form may be used by students or parents to claim the American Opportunity Tax Credit or Lifetime Learning Credit on their federal income tax returns.
Eligible students who selected "Electronic" delivery of their 1098-T tax form can download their form online at the e-tax website. Eligible students who selected "Paper" delivery of their 1098-T tax form will have their form mailed out to them by January 31st.See the FAQs
Bus & Trolley PassesDiscounted Transit Passes for Students
Mesa students who are enrolled and paid for a minimum of 7 units and have no other financial holds are eligible for discounted* Bus and Trolley passes, good for unlimited transit trips! Transit passes are available for purchase at the Mesa Student Accounting Office by contacting us via phone call for a virtual PRONTO card or at our Accounting Office during our office hours for the physical PRONTO card. Limit one pass per student.
Monthly bus passes will be available for purchase beginning the 20th of the prior month until the 10th of the current month. The monthly bus passes are $57.60. The passes are valid at the beginning of the month to the end of the month. For example, August pass (valid August 1st - August 30th) is available for purchase on July 20th thru August 10th.
- Semester bus passes for Fall 2022 will be available for purchase beginning August 1st through September 30, 2022 at our Mesa Accounting Office. The semester pass is at a discounted rate of $177.00 for the Fall 2022 semester. The semester pass is valid for unlimited use on either the bus or trolley for routes up to $2.50 from August 1st to December 31, 2022 (includes weekends and most holidays, certain restrictions may apply). Last day to use Financial Aid for semester bus passes will be September 7, 2022.
- All monthly and semester bus and trolley pass sales are FINAL. NO REFUNDS.
- College transit passes use the PRONTO system. Students can choose to use a physical PRONTO card or the PRONTO mobile app. (Students must choose either the card or the app; you cannot use both within the same semester.) PRONTO cards are available at the Student Accounting office on campus. Students who want to use the mobile app should download the app and set up an account prior to purchasing their pass.
Starting May 1, 2022 through July 21, 2023, youth riders 18 and under will be able to ride MTS for FREE with a Youth PRONTO app account or Youth Pronto card. For more info on the Youth Pass, please visit the MTS website.
Starting April 25th through June 1, 2023, if you need support with receiving a monthly or semester bus pass, please fill out the Basic Needs Application for The Stand Resource Center. A basic needs counselor will follow up with you.More information on Bus & Trolley passes
Financial Aid checks
Financial Aid Checks will be issued if there are any remaining aid available after all applicable outstanding charges, overdue fees or overpayments have been applied. Please refer to Financial Aid website for the disbursement dates.
If you requested your Financial Aid check to be mailed, please verify your mailing address is correct on your mySDCCD Portal by 12noon on Wednesdays. This is to ensure your check is sent to the proper address. In case of postal delays, please allow 2-3 weeks for your checks to be mailed. Financial Aid Checks will not be forwarded by the US Post Office. When your check is returned by US Post Office, your Financial Aid Office will notify you via email.
If you requested your Financial Aid check to be held, then you can pick it up at our Accounting Office. Please bring two (2) forms of photo ID: one government issued ID and a college ID.
If you requested direct deposit of your Financial Aid funds, then you need to enroll in direct deposit on your mySDCCD Portal by 12non on Wednesdays.